Arla Foods Ingredients will serve up innovative concepts for high-protein ready-to-drink (RTD) tea and coffee at Vitafoods Europe (May 9th to 11th).
The market for functional RTD teas and coffees is predicted to grow 6-7 percent by 2026,* creating opportunities for both sports nutrition manufacturers and mainstream health brands. To support them, Arla Foods Ingredients has created two inspirational new RTD concepts:
- A cold brew coffee that works as either a morning caffeine boost or a pre-workout energizer. High in protein, calcium, and caffeine but low in sugar and fat, it will appeal to the 58 percent of consumers who choose functional food and beverages that increase their energy levels.*
- A refreshing RTD tea designed as the perfect mid-afternoon pick-me-up. Flavored with yuzu and high in protein and calcium, it’s tea but with an invigorating new twist, and is ideal for the 57 percent of consumers who choose products that support strong and healthy bones.*
Both concepts owe their high protein and calcium content to Lacprodan MicelPure®, a micellar casein isolate produced using gentle membrane filtration technology. As well as allowing on-pack nutrition claims, its benefits include a mild, milky taste and low viscosity throughout a product’s shelf life. During production, Lacprodan MicelPure® offers outstanding heat stability, unlocking a range of processing, packaging, and flavor options.
Troels Nørgaard Laursen, Director for Health & Performance at Arla Foods Ingredients, said: “Consumers are increasingly seeking out beverages that are novel and convenient and also offer a nutritional boost. RTD teas and coffees with functional benefits are riding a major wave right now, and these concepts demonstrate how they can deliver an on-trend combination of protein, calcium and caffeine.”
Arla Foods Ingredients will exhibit at Vitafoods Europe on Stand G30. Other concepts on show will include a multi-textured bar with protein in every layer, a special edition of which has been created for Vitafoods, and Rehydrate & Restore – a clear refreshing RTD beverage solution that combines protein with electrolytes.
*Innova Market Insights
About Arla Foods Ingredients
Arla Foods Ingredients is a global leader in value-added whey solutions. We discover and deliver ingredients derived from whey, supporting the food industry with the development and efficient processing of more natural, functional, and nutritious foods. We serve global markets within early life nutrition, medical nutrition, sports nutrition, health foods, and other foods and beverage products.
Five reasons to choose us:
- We have R&D in our DNA
- We offer superior quality
- We are your trusted business partner
- We support sustainability
- We ensure security of supply
Arla Foods Ingredients is a 100% owned subsidiary of Arla Foods. Our head office is in Denmark.