Experienced technical sales professional to drive sales efforts in the western United States.
Leominster, Massachusetts – IMA DAIRY & FOOD USA – whose equipment solutions comprise the long-established brands Hassia, Gasti, Hamba, Fillshape, Corazza, Erca, AlphaMAC, and Intecma – has hired automation specialist Alex Donovan as its West Coast Sales Manager. In this role, Mr. Donovan will lead customer relations and sales efforts across a swath of Pacific states, including Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, as well as Alaska and Hawaii.
Most recently, Mr. Donovan enjoyed a seven-year tenure with a global packaging machinery manufacturer. For the past three years, he served as the company’s Business Development Manager for their automation division, where he supported more than 200 distributor sales representatives and contributed substantial revenue growth throughout his tenure.
For IMA Dairy & Food, the sales team expansion parallels its recent company growth. In Q4 of 2022, the company took over sales activities for extrusion blow mold machinery supplier AlphaMAC, an Italy-based equipment provider (and IMA Group member) specializing in solutions for the packaging of liquid products.
“Alex brings intricate knowledge of packaging and automation equipment in a variety of niches – as well as a reputation for growing sales by meeting a diverse set of customer needs,” said Patrick Carroll, President of IMA Dairy & Food USA. “Our western region has the potential for significant market share growth, and Alex’s background, experience,and people skills make him ideal for his new role with IMA Dairy & Food.”
Alex Donovan earned a B.A. in Organizational Communication from Marshall University in Huntington, WV, and studied graduate-level communications at Portland State University. He resides in Portland, OR.
About IMA DAIRY & FOOD
IMA Dairy & Food USA serves the dairy and food industries with several brands of the IMA group (Hassia, Gasti, Hamba, Fillshape, Corazza, Erca, AlphaMAC, and Intecma) and offers a portfolio covering nearly all areas of packaging machine application, including:
- Filling and sealing machines (FS) for preformed cups and bottles
- Forming, filling, and sealing machines (FFS) for packaging products in the food, dairy, and beverage segments (filled up to the aseptic level)
- Filling systems for flexible stand-up pouches with and without spouts for dairy, food, beverage, and personal care sectors
- Wrapping machines for packaging butter, fresh cheese, soup cubes, yeast, margarine, etc.
- Aseptic vertical and horizontal form, fill and seal machines for stick packs/pouches (with corresponding dosing systems)
- FFS machines for packaging single portions of coffee, honey, jam, etc.
- Extrusion blow molding machines for plastic converting