olam food ingredients (“ofi”), a global leader in naturally good food and beverage ingredients, has opened its new Customer Solutions Center (CSC) in Singapore. The new facility will enable ofi to better collaborate with brands, grocery retailers, and foodservice companies to create their next delicious and nutritious product for consumers.
The CSC was inaugurated by the guest of honor, Ms. Low Yen Ling – Minister of State, Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) & Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY).
Solving customer challenges
A team of culinary and pastry chefs, food scientists, quality, regulatory and category experts will help ofi’s customers develop new products and applications using ingredients from ofi’s portfolio of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts, and spices. These ingredients are highly complementary and can be combined into recipes and formats that meet consumer trends for exciting new flavors, health benefits, convenience, and plant-based solutions. Food quality and safety are at the heart of the CSC with its six laboratories, along with pilot facilities that can test whether a new concept can be produced in a large-scale manufacturing environment.
The Singapore CSC will be well integrated with ofi’s:
- A global network of 15 innovation centers and its Customer Solution Centers in Chicago, Amsterdam, and Bangalore.
- On-the-ground sourcing and buying teams in major and specialty growing regions.
- Extensive sustainability programs with partners that support farmers, reduce environmental impact, and provide traceability.
Helping to commercialize regional trends
The APAC region was recently named the largest segment of the $6.4B USD global food and beverage industry.1 At the inauguration, the ofi Customer Solutions Center team showcased concepts that can contribute to general well-being benefits and meet top consumer trends for the following:
- Plant-forward products – such as the Tomyum snack bar. The concept utilizes honey as a sugar substitute, and the ofi nut butter can support recipes looking for protein and other nutritional benefits in nuts.
- Amplified sensory experiences – such as Pandan Snow, inspired by a well-known Taiwanese snack known as snow crepe flakes. They are filled with crunchy ofi nuts such as pistachio, cashew, and almond.
- Cleaner label formulations – such as Chiz Leleh, a type of gelato that combines filled milk powder, instant coffee, and cocoa powder, ingredients easily recognized by consumers.