Focus on high-quality whey protein ingredients at Gulfood Manufacturing
Arla Foods Ingredients is demonstrating how its whey solutions can help meet the growing demand for high-protein products in Africa and the Middle East.
Between 2017 and 2022, the number of product launches with a high-protein or source of protein claim grew by an average of 17.64 percent annually in the Middle East and Africa.1 Meanwhile, there is increasing interest in nutrient quality and origin, with 70 percent of global consumers focused on the sources of protein in foods and beverages.2
At Gulfood Manufacturing (7th to 9th November 2023 in Dubai), Arla Foods Ingredients will showcase three concepts that demonstrate how the high-quality products in its whey protein range can meet these needs:
- A high-protein ice cream made from ingredients in the Nutrilac® Protein Boost range. These microparticulated whey proteins are ideal for protein-rich ice cream because they offer low viscosity and perfect meltdown, as well as a mild creamy taste.
- A refreshing fermented protein drink based on Lacprodan® HYDRO.365 and Nutrilac® FO-8571. Because they minimise cloudiness and sedimentation, these 100 percent whey-based hydrolysates can be used to create clear high-protein fermented beverages.
- A clear protein-enriched juice drink, in which Lacprodan® ISO.Clear delivers the benefits of whey protein isolate. As well as being high in protein, it offers great taste with zero dry mouthfeel, contains no added sugar, and can be fortified with vitamins and minerals.
Morten Kaas Hansen, Director of SBU Food at Arla Foods Ingredients, said: “In recent years high-protein claims have increased in the Middle East and Africa as manufacturers respond to growing demand. However, as elsewhere in the world, it’s not just about the quantity of protein you pack into your product, but quality too. Consumers want complete proteins that deliver nutritional benefits – and they want them in products with great taste and texture. As these concepts demonstrate, the right whey protein ingredients can deliver both nutritional and functional benefits in a wide range of food and beverage applications.”
Gulfood Manufacturing takes place between 7th and 9th November at the Dubai World Trade Centre. Arla Foods Ingredients will exhibit at Booth #D8-27 in the Danish Pavilion.
 Innova Market Insights
 Health Focus International, Study based on 22 countries, 2022
About Arla Foods Ingredients
Arla Foods Ingredients is a global leader in improving premium nutrition. Together with our customers, research partners, suppliers, NGOs and others, we discover and deliver documented ingredients and products that can advance lifelong nutrition for the benefit of consumers around the world.
We serve leading global brands in early life nutrition, medical nutrition, sports nutrition, health foods, and other foods and beverages.
Five reasons to choose us:
- We’re passionate about improving nutrition
- We innovate by connecting the best
- We master both discovery and delivery
- We build strong, long-lasting partnerships
- We are committed to sustainability
Headquartered in Denmark, Arla Foods Ingredients is a 100% owned subsidiary of Arla Foods.