The global plant-based probiotics market is estimated at US$ 890.1 million in 2022 and is expected to expand at an impressive CAGR of 6.7 percent during the forecast years of 2022-2032.
Plant-based probiotics are integrated as food supplements in daily food items due to their digestive health benefits, such as enhancement of gut health and increased immune response. Due to government standards and safety requirements in end-user operations, key manufacturers focus on providing high-quality and standardized plant-based supplements for consumer safety. Assured product quality and fewer associated risks will boost the adoption of plant-based probiotics over the coming years.
Plant-based probiotics have increased significantly due to the rising emergence of lactose intolerance among consumers and problems associated with diets rich in cholesterol. Plant-based probiotics play a vital role in providing good bacteria for maintaining health, so consumers across regions highly demand them.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The global plant-based probiotics market is projected to expand at an impressive CAGR of 6.7 percent and be valued at over US$ 1.7 billion by 2032.
- The market registered a 5.1 percent CAGR for the period 2017-2021.
- Under product type, fortified fruit juices dominate the market and are valued at US$ 297.6 million in 2022.
- Europe dominated the global market with a 25.3 percent share in 2021.
- Together, fermented vegetables/seeds and fortified fruit juices are likely to represent a 65 percent market share in 2022.
- Based on region, demand for plant-based probiotics is expected to increase at CAGRs of 5.7 percent and 6.8 percent, respectively, in Europe and East Asia.
“Increasing flavours in plant-based probiotics is expected to reflect attractive near-term opportunities for market players,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Prominent plant-based probiotic manufacturers are Yakult, Kerry Group Plc, DuPont, Lallemand Inc., Nature’s Bounty, BioGaia, Bio K+, A&B Ingredients, Wellbeing Nutrition, Naturelo, PlantFusion, and Custom Probiotics Inc.
The top producers of plant-based probiotics worldwide are using cutting-edge technologies to make innovative products. The industry is characterized by fierce competition because there are many market participants.
Manufacturers have incorporated organic ingredients, appealing packaging, and novel flavours to gain a competitive edge over their rivals.
- In Jan 2021, Wellbeing Nutrition (WBN), India’s top organic plant-based nutrition brand, released a line of 6 strains of plant-based, clinically-studied probiotics for a healthier gut.
- In Sept 2021, Bio-K Plus International Inc. introduced an extra range of functional drinking probiotics. The new line provides a protein basis of fermented oats and pumpkin seeds combined with additives that have been supported by science, as well as 80 million CFUs.